SSD on Thinkpad x250 sometimes double-detected

Matthew Dillon dillon at backplane.com
Fri Mar 23 21:34:40 PDT 2018

Hmm.   That bug was supposed to have been fixed a while ago... like a few
months.  But if not, there's more to it and we have to track it down.  A
double 'da0' is typically due to a unit allocation race.  i.e. two ahci
channels allocate their da* units at the same time without the correct lock.

I will look at the code paths again and try to figure out why it might
still be happening.

-Matt