DragonFly on VirtualBox

karu.pruun karu.pruun at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 00:35:57 PST 2018

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 6:58 AM, Pierre Abbat <phma at leaf.dragonflybsd.org> wrote:

> The file is there, but it's /EFI/BOOT/BOOTX64.EFI, not /EFI/boot/bootx64.efi.
>
> Is there a way in VirtualBox to install DragonFly without EFI?

Yes, BIOS boot seems to be the default setting. If you want EFI boot
you need to tick the box

Settings -> System -> Motherboard -> Extended features -> Enable EFI

or else your system won't boot with your EFI/GPT installation.

As a quick test, I installed DragonFly on Virtualbox, everything works fine.

You don't need EFI on Virtualbox though, it's handy when you have
multiple systems on the same disk. On virtual installations you
typically want one system per disk and then legacy BIOS boot is fine.

Cheers

Peeter