New on Dragonfly ..and some open questions..

Pierre Abbat phma at leaf.dragonflybsd.org
Thu Mar 1 18:07:53 PST 2018

On Thursday, 1 March 2018 16.56.13 EST Holm Tiffe wrote:
> -Mailed to Matt and he suggeseted toat least try master instead of
> release.
> Hm..don't even knew what this means..but I've pulled the sources from
> git, build a world and a kernel rebooted and now have a 5.1 Development
> system..not exactly what I wanted, but at least the acpi Problems seemed
> to be gone for now.

You did it right. "master", in a git repository, is the latest work in
progress. In some projects, including DragonFly, the second component of the
version number is odd during development. The latest released version is 5.0.x
for some x. When Matt et al. release 5.2.0, the next commit will start the 5.3
version.

Pierre
--
gau do li'i co'e kei do