GUI problems on Dragonfly

Ravnengel ravnengel at yahoo.no
Mon Mar 26 15:37:31 PDT 2018

Hello fellow DragonFly BSD users,
I am a newbie to DragonFly and have experienced some difficulties with setting up a graphical interface.

After having installed the system itself;
having done the obligatory pkg install xorg (and lumina-desktop);having added dbus_enabled="YES" to /etc/rc.conf;and doing a trick to start lumina - from a small shell script that contains
exec xinit /usr/local/bin/start-lumina-desktop(this was taken from https://github.com/trueos/lumina/issues/280 )

- it worked for a while, but in the last few days, I get into the same problem: the system boots up correctly, but starting a GUI ends up in "No Signal" on the screen and complete darkness.
What else should I check?
I see other users experiencing something similar, so I think it might be useful to set up a detailed troubleshooting.

Does anyone have any further ideas on how to solve this?
Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,

A.A. Arman a.k.a. Ravnengel