SSD on Thinkpad x250 sometimes double-detected

Daniel Bilik ddb at neosystem.org
Mon Mar 19 07:55:42 PDT 2018

Hi.

When DragonFly boots on my Lenovo Thinkpad x250, it sometimes get stuck at
this state:

CAM: Configuring 1 busses
CAM: finished configuring all busses
da0 at ahci0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
da0: <SATA SanDisk SD7TB6S2 X355> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-4 device
da0: Serial Number 162557400211
da0: 600.000MB/s transfers
da0: 244198MB (500118192 512 byte sectors: 255H 63S/T 31130C)
da0: supports TRIM
da0 at ahci0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
da0: <SATA SanDisk SD7TB6S2 X355> Fixed Direct Access SCSI-4 device
da0: Serial Number 162557400211
da0: 600.000MB/s transfers
da0: 0MB (2147991274479682049 0 byte sectors: 0H 0S/T 0C)
da0: supports TRIM
Device Mapper version 4.16.0 loaded
dm_target_crypt: Successfully initialized
dm_target_error: Successfully initialized
dm_target_zero: Successfully initialized

For some reason, the kernel detects the same SSD disk twice, first with
correct parameters, next erroneously. There is no notable delay between
the first and second detection. As a result, the kernel fails to find
rootfs and get stuck. I have to turn the laptop on-off, sometimes twice,
to get the system boot "normally" with correctly detected disk. It does
not happen often but it's bothersome.

Has anybody experienced something like this? Is there a way the issue can
be analyzed in depth when it happens?

Thanks.

--
						Daniel