HAMMER2 updates in master - will be brought into the current release for Christmas

Daniel Bilik ddb at neosystem.org
Wed Dec 12 03:58:10 PST 2018

On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 12:27:18 +0100
Laurent Vivier <laurent at lamzi.com> wrote:

> I am running H1 on dm_crypt(4) since a few months, on 5.2 then 5.4 and
> for what it's worth, it's been really stable.

Thank you.

I've been also running H1 on dm_crypt for years now, and it's rock stable.
I've also tried to migrate the machine to H2 on dm_crypt, IIRC sometime
in Q4 of last year. I'd got it already set up and running (and yes, it
required me to tweak initrd scripts at that time), but after one (clean)
reboot, it failed to mount rootfs with "this is not HAMMER2 filesystem"
error, and I had to restore the system from backup (back to H1 on
dm_crypt). Hence my question about the current status. :)

But since Aaron LI has shared his success story, I'm tempted to give H2 on
dm_crypt a second try. :)

--
						Daniel