hammer1 file system and underlying physical disks features

Tomohiro Kusumi kusumi.tomohiro at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 05:17:42 PDT 2017

1. Should all physical disks under a Master File System be of same
size and speed/bandwidth?

No.

2. Is there any Optimal Number? ( not max no. )

Volumes are simply concatenated.
Basically the next one is unused until the previous one is filled.

3. Can we mix IDE, SAS, SATA, SCSI for the same master file system?

Yes.
As long as fs sees them as block devices.