HAMMER2 update

Matthew Dillon dillon at backplane.com
Mon Sep 11 21:51:28 PDT 2017

Most of the HAMMER2 work for single-image operation is now stable.  Its
working so well that  I've decided that we will make it an install option
in the upcoming 5.0 release.  There is still a lot of work to do on it for
clustering, redundancy, multi-volume operation, and other stuff of course,
but I think its worthy of getting an installer option.

We are still going to recommend HAMMER (i.e. HAMMER1) for normal installs.
People who want to be adventurous, though, can try out HAMMER2.

Keep in mind that the cluster stuff is not considered ready for prime time
yet, even though it is documented and hammer2 commands are exist to do it.
Its not even close to being ready yet.  If you use H2, only use it for
non-clustered single images.