DragonFly 5.0 released!

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Tue Oct 17 06:16:06 PDT 2017

On 10/17/17 15:09, Predrag Punosevac wrote:
> Gerald Henriksen wrote:
>> On Mon, 16 Oct 2017 23:41:25 -0400, Predrag Punosevac wrote:
>>
>>> Only nVidia supports its own product with binary blob drivers. Somebody
>>> have mentioned Nouveau driver in one of the posts. That is beating a
>>> dead horse.
>>
>> Nope.  Nouveau is alive and well.
>>

> Who cares? Why are we even talking about stupid proprietary NVidia crap
> on DF mailing lists at the moment of release of the most advanced file
> system on the face of the planet?

Exactly! Still, if I had a NVIDIA card I would love to use it with DFly.

Btw, would be great to have someone knowledgable write a short article
about all the advantages of HAMMER2 vs. HAMMER1 and maybe the basics of
using HAMMER2 (e.g. how to do snapshots, how to backup data to a slave
etc.). I know, HAMMER2 is considered experimental, still I think a lot
of people are soo curious and want to try it out, me included :)

Regards,

   Michael