DragonFly 5.0 released!

Predrag Punosevac punosevac72 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 20:41:25 PDT 2017

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 4:09 PM, Bret Busby <bret.busby at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On 16/10/2017, Justin Sherrill <justin at shiningsilence.com> wrote:
>> DragonFly 5.0 is released - here's the release page:
>>
>> https://www.dragonflybsd.org/release50/
>>

> Does it support the nVidia Optimus architecture?

Only nVidia supports its own product with binary blob drivers. Somebody
have mentioned Nouveau driver in one of the posts. That is beating a
dead horse. Even Red Hat removed Nouveau driver from 7.4 release. If you
want to use nVidia gear you need to use their proprietary binary blobs
and to stick to a list of approved OSs. I have 7 large GPU servers (4+
Titan Xp cards per server 32 cores and 256 GB of RAM) used for Deep
learning and image recognition.  They all run Red Hat like a champ.

On the unrelated note I would like to congratulate the developers on the
new release featuring HAMMER2. I am building new kernel as I type this
message. I am eager to play with HAMMER2.

Best,
Predrag