Please revert libc Symbol.map / Versions.def changes
dillon at backplane.com
Thu Mar 9 10:14:31 PST 2017
Probably best if we wait until after the actual release is rolled, and not
just the RC, before revisiting the symbol issue in master.
On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 7:56 AM, Justin Sherrill <justin at shiningsilence.com>
> FWIW, I branched 4.8 last night, got ready to commit and tag a release
> candidate, and lost network because of windstorms in my area. (Still
> have power, at least) I'll commit and tag as soon as I can get my
> workstation back online.
> On Wed, Mar 8, 2017 at 8:56 PM, Aaron LI <aaronly.me at outlook.com> wrote:
> > John Marino <dragonflybsd at marino.st> writes:
> >> I've push a commit that adds back DF404.0 versions of the six affected
> >> symbols. I'm recommending that this commit be reverted after the trunk
> >> is branched again. That implies all the affected userland programs
> >> built with the DF404.0 symbols has to be rebuilt before the machine is
> >> ugpraded to the next release.
> > Hello,
> > I just noticed that DragonFly 4.8 has already been branched, therefore,
> > it maybe appropriate to revert the DF404.0 symbol workaround now.
> > Bests
> > --
> > Aly
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Users