High cpu temperature and fan when loading i195 kernel module

Matthew Dillon dillon at backplane.com
Mon Jun 12 08:39:00 PDT 2017

Note that those livelock thresholds are global, so they may mess up (slow
down greatly) disk I/O and network I/O too.  I won't have time until July
to put together a workaround, but perhaps Sephe can extend his
kern.livelock_limit_hi feature into a kern.livelock_limit_lo feature that
is then flagged for the ACPI interrupt as a more permanent workaround.

-Matt