LibreSSL upgrade broke X2Goclient

Predrag Punosevac punosevac72 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 15:55:54 PDT 2017

Aaron LI wrote:

> On Sun, 2017-06-18 at 00:31 -0400, Predrag Punosevac wrote:
> > me -a
> > DragonFly dfly.bagdala2.net 4.8-RELEASE DragonFly
> > v4.8.0.21.ge7d58-RELEASE #5: Thu May 25 00:54:11 EDT 2017
> > root at dfly.bagdala2.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/X86_64_GENERIC  x86_64
> >
> > dfly# pkg info libressl
> > libressl-2.5.4
> > Name           : libressl
> > Version        : 2.5.4
> > Installed on   : Thu Jun 15 22:29:43 2017 EDT
> > Origin         : security/libressl
> >
> dfly# pkg info x2goclient
> > x2goclient-4.0.5.1
> > Name           : x2goclient
> > Version        : 4.0.5.1
> > Installed on   : Sun Jun 18 00:20:15 2017 EDT
> > Origin         : net/x2goclient
> >

> > $ x2goclient
> > Shared object "libssl.so.39" not found, required by "libldap-2.4.so.2"
>
> Hi Predrag,
>
> It seems you installed "openldap-client" some time ago, and then installed
> "x2goclient" recently.  And for some unknown reason, the "libressl" got
> updated but those packages depending on it, e.g., "openldap-client" without
> being updated.

openldap-client is dependency for x2goclient. It was installed at the
same time.

> I can only suggest you upgrade all your packages:
>
> # pkg update
> # pkg upgrade

Sorry I failed to provide full info in my last email

dfly# pkg upgrade
Updating Avalon repository catalogue...
Avalon repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
Checking for upgrades (112 candidates): 100%
Processing candidates (112 candidates): 100%
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
Your packages are up to date.

> I also came across similar library version mismatch problems some time ago.
> But I solved it by upgrade all the packages.
>
> On the other hand, I think "pkg" should take care all of these...

My guess that x2goclient got broken due to the fact that DragonFly Ports
inherited default FreeBSD behaviour which is to be built against OpenSSL
not LibreSSL. I posted my original mail more to help somebody who comes
across similar problem than to seek for help.

Predrag