Can I use DragonfyBSD as a desktop system?

Bret Busby bret.busby at gmail.com
Sun Jul 16 03:27:31 PDT 2017

On 16/07/2017, SOUL_OF_ROOT 55 <soulofroot55 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Rod Person, a desktop computer is a personal computer designed for regular
> use at a single location on or near a desk or table due to its size and
> power requirements:https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desktop_computer
>
> Em sábado, 15 de julho de 2017, Rod Person <rodperson at rodperson.com>
> escreveu:
>> On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 18:28:38 -0300
>> SOUL_OF_ROOT 55 <soulofroot55 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Can I use DragonfyBSD as a desktop system?
>>

>> I currently am, but you need to define you meaning of desktop and what
>> is important to you. For example, I don't play games or need it to sync
>> to my cellphone to pull stuff off it (cause I don't use my cellphone
>> much).  I read email. I browse the web...I write code, I use audacity
>> to edit audio. I use i3 window manager and not a full blown DE like KDE
>> or such.
>>

>> --
>> Rod
>>
>> http://www.rodperson.com
>>
>> For we are both ready to believe the thing we want to believe, and also
>> hope other people feel what we feel ourselves.
>>
>>   Julius Caesar
>>     The Civil War, book II, 27
>>      Expedition of Curio to Africa

Ah, so you did not mean to ask whether you could use it as an
operating system for a workstation?

Either way, I believe that the more important question is, is it
compatible with the particular hardware that you want to use?

I believe that, so far, it is still not compatible with the hardware
that comprises this workstation, with the only non-(MS Windows)
operating system that I have found to be compatible with the hardware
that comprises this workstation, being Ubuntu Linux, from about 12.04
onward.

--
Bret Busby
Armadale