igb update for testing

Thomas Nikolajsen thomas.nikolajsen at mail.dk
Tue Dec 12 02:54:47 PST 2017

> Hey Thomas,
Hello Antonio,

> Those PC-Engines board looks wonderful, what are you using it for?
Actually I just use it for dragonfly build and tinkering.
My plan is to use it for firewall & network testing and performance testing, but it hasn't happened yet.

I do think it is a fine little computer, no noise and low power, and with 3 GE ports, 4 GB RAM, mSATA,
and 4 1 GHz 64-bit x86 cores it is quite capable.
Expansion is limited to mSATA, SD card, mini pcie slots and usb, but if this is sufficient for your use, go for it.
You can get faster x86 computers in like form factor, but I think they are somewhat more expensive, you may know.

> I can see there are 3G and Wireless minipcie devices.
I didn't use mini pcie slots yet.
I do also have an ALIX from pcengines, with wifi mini pcie, it is only 32-bit x86, so not supported by current dragonfly.
I might move wifi card to APU2, as it isn't used in my ALIX anyway, and try if we have driver for it in current dragonfly.

> Regards,
> Antonio Huete
 -thomas