noob question about security updates on DragonFly

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Thu Sep 1 06:55:00 PDT 2016

On 9/1/2016 03:32, soko.tica wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm (finally!) exploring DragonFlyBSD running it on Qemu. It's been
> reported that libxml2-2.9.3 is vulnerable, but I can't get the update of
> it. Is it just a matter of time, or am I doing something wrong?
>
> Thank you very much in advance for your answers.

Version 2.9.4 is in dports.
The packages are ALWAYS a few to several days behind dports.
If this is a bad situation for you, you always have the ability to build
your own ports using ports-mgmt/synth (which has additional benefits).
Packages are basically a service provided as a convenience.

John

---