extreme network latency

Matthew Dillon dillon at backplane.com
Mon Oct 17 14:09:47 PDT 2016

Our network dev Sephe might be able to work out why the NICs are
interfering with each other, but it depends how old they are.  If they are
old card(s) and/or it is an old motherboard, it might not be worth tracking
down.  Polling is a perfectly acceptable solution for older stuff.  If the
NICs are relatively recent, though, we would want to try to track down the
problem.

I think it is at least worth doing a verbose boot and posting the dmesg
output from it, and also posting the output from 'pciconf -lbcv' with both
NICs present.

-Matt