Master going through some major source tree rewiring

Matthew Dillon dillon at backplane.com
Fri Oct 28 14:17:55 PDT 2016

I should have posted this a few days ago, but we're doing a major rewiring
of master's source tree to replace openssl with OpenBSD's ressl in base,
and at the same time the dports build under master is also being worked on
ensure that ports depend on ports-based libcrypto and libssl (which will
also be libressl based).

This work is about 80% completed.  The works that remains is to basically
remove libmd and libcrypt (libcrypt is different from the libcrypto.
libcrypto is part of ressl).  The functions remaining in these libraries
will be linked directory or moved into libc and the libraries will become
dummies.  Most of libmd's remaining functions will likely be linked
directly, which most of libcrypt's functions will be linked into libc, but
it will depend on what our audit of the dports packages comes up with.

So, needless to say people using master may see some more near-term
breakage.