Questions about current stable version of dragonflybsd regarding drivers and desktop environment

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Fri May 27 03:19:29 PDT 2016

On 5/27/2016 12:11 PM, Bret Busby wrote:
> On 27/05/2016, Max Herrgard <herrgard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 27 May 2016, at 10:12, Bret Busby <bret.busby at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello.
>>>
>>> I am wondering whether, with the passing of time, and, with ongoing
>>> development of DragonflyBSD, nVIDIA graphics devices and dual graphics
>>> adaptors, are now supported within DragonflyBSD.
>>
>> No support for (and from) nvidia.
>
> Hello.
>
> I do not know whether this will work - sending this message with two
> attachments, but, having sent an email message to nVIDIA, I searched
> their web site, and found the content on the two attached screenshots.

1) Max already told you it would not work.  Did you think it was
possible that nobody would know that FreeBSD BLOBs work on DragonFly?
Of course we know that they do not (nor should anyone have expected they
would).

2) Please don't seen 900k messages to the mail list.  If you must send a
photo, make it much smaller or link to one of those image caching sites.

John