Wayland/Weston with XWayland works on DragonFly

Imre Vadasz imre at vdsz.com
Mon May 23 04:40:14 PDT 2016

Hi,

I had wayland-egl building and running (but only with software-rendring I
think) a couple of months ago, and submitted a pull-request for DragonFly's
DeltaPorts: https://github.com/DragonFlyBSD/DeltaPorts/pull/141

It just never got merged, because of some disagreements on how wayland
support for lib(E)GL should be handled. e.g. whether it should be optional
or not, and how to deal with the ports options :(

Also it was unclear which of the ports that are built from the mesa
source-repository would actually be affected by the wayland-egl configure
option.

Regards,
Imre