skylake video

Carsten Mattner carstenmattner at gmail.com
Wed May 11 10:09:30 PDT 2016

On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 3:31 PM, karu.pruun <karu.pruun at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you post your xorg.conf to force vsync etc? How did you start compton?

To be clear I don't have a Skylake machine but here's how I configure things.

Sometimes video output corrupts in mpv and then it helps
to compton as well, if you didn't see tearing at first and
hadn't compton running.

compton --backend xr_glx_hybrid --vsync opengl-swc

I've been told the following xorg setting should not be required
and enabled automatically, but it doesn't hurt here. To also be
clear this doesn't actually force vsync but compton does that:

Option      "TearFree"    "true"
Option      "SwapbuffersWait" "true"

I didn't try glamor acceleration and the default of the intel
driver is SNA for some time now, as everybody uses the
3.0 pre-release versions.

$ cat ~/.config/mpv/config
hwdec=vaapi
vo=opengl