Trouble running KDE or Gnome

Bernard Mentink bmentink at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 11:39:45 PDT 2016

Hi All,

Just an update on this issue.

I managed to get gnome3 working, but only by launching with KDM ... go
figure .. :)
It works fine until I try and use pulseaudio, as reported earlier, it uses
100% of one core and under gnome eventually crashes the desktop ... (under
KDE it ran at 100% also, but did not crash the desktop)

Seems that most of the issues relate to display managers and pulseaudio ..
It would be good to have developers opinions on this ..

I have started another thread on the pulseaudio issue ..

Cheers,
Bernie