Some artifacts - bad screen on Lumina-DE and Firefox

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Thu Jun 16 23:00:25 PDT 2016

On 6/17/2016 5:18 AM, Dmitry Postolov wrote:
> Hi to all! Sorry for my bad English...
>
> I am faced some artifacts in Lumina-DE and Firefox when scrolling
> the screen of web-page by mouse wheel or arrows on the keyboard,
> the text/image in rare instances is bad. On FreeBSD this problem
> with Lumina/Firefox is not observed.
>
> Lumina-DE: 0.9.0_3,1 from pkg.
> Firefox 46.0.1,1 from pkg.

That looks similar to the artifacts I see when I am in syscons mode and
just move the mouse.  That issue has been there forever.

Maybe it's a coincidence because you get it by just pressing keys but it
would be nice to know what causes those artifacts, especially since
FreeBSD doesn't have them.

John