PFS in HAMMER1

Tomohiro Kusumi kusumi.tomohiro at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 05:15:45 PDT 2016

Technically speaking, we could change the format of "@@-1:00001" to
"@@-1something00001" without breaking userspace unless userspace use
raw PFS name "@@-1:00001" for some reasons.

In the previous post, I intentionally used raw PFS name, but users or
userspace programs basically never directly use this format, so it
really doesn't matter if the separator is ":" or something else as
long as there is something between.

In other words, when we have

# ls -l /pfs/var.tmp
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  10 Aug 26  2015 /pfs/var.tmp -> @@-1:00006
# grep "/var/tmp" /etc/fstab
/pfs/var.tmp    /var/tmp                null    rw              0       0

users would do

# cd /pfs/var.tmp
or
# cd /var/tmp