console in UEFI boot

karu.pruun karu.pruun at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 03:19:37 PDT 2016

Hello

I am booting DragonFly via UEFI on a macbookpro and running into
issues with console. UEFI puts console into a resolution 1680x1050,
but as soon as kernel has loaded and starts it switches to 40x25 mode
(or something similar, i.e. the default mode one sees at say CD boot),
but does not quite succeed: there's a 40x25 black-white quadrant in
the top-left corner and the rest is gray. This is compounded with
another issue: when booting is almost finished, the console starts
printing line feeds very fast although no key is pressed. In the end
the console is unusable as the prompt gets line feeds 10x a second and
nothing can be entered. Not sure the keyboard works at all. Aside from
that the system is running fine when used via ssh.

When booted using a CD the console and keyboard are fine.

Can I set a variable in loader.conf or elsewhere to switch the mode
back to 1680x1050 or something else?

Cheers

Peeter