IPFW3 and IPv6

Matthias Play matthias_play at gmx.net
Sun Jan 3 05:48:03 PST 2016

Hi Bill,

thanks for your quick answer!

An NFS daemon is running on my server machine which I use to mount DFly
source and obj dirs on my client machines. With NFS comes mountd and
rpc* daemons that automatically also provide their service on IPv6
ports. I did not find daemon flags to tell them only to use IPv4 so I
would like to block unwanted traffic to these ports.

Would it be ok to also run ip6fw alongside with ipfw3?

If yes, I will set up a configuration file for ip6fw allowing all IPv4
traffic and blocking all IPv6 traffic.

Regards
Matthias