Parallel compression not using all available CPU

Matthew Dillon dillon at backplane.com
Sun Dec 11 15:37:36 PST 2016

That doesn't make any sense.  It sounds like it is just compressing more
slowly, so there is less idle time because the HDD/SSD is able to keep up
due to it compressing more slowly.  You don't want to turn off
hyperthreading in the BIOS and cache coherency stalls will not show up in
the idle% anyway.

-Matt