Sound config

damien.montigny at free.fr damien.montigny at free.fr
Tue Aug 2 10:36:21 PDT 2016

Hello,

I'm trying to configure sound to mute my speaker when I plug my headphone.
After reading man page for snd_hda (my sound driver) I put :

hint.hdac.1.cad0.nid20.config="as=2"
hint.hdac.1.cad0.nid27.config="as=2 seq=15"

in /boot/device.hints. As nid20 the output for the speaker and nid27 the headphone.
After a reboot these 2 nids are still in their original value. (via sysctl -a | grep hda).

Am I doing something wrong here?

I have also interferences with sound on left mouse click, don't know if it's related.

I'm looking into man page and the handbook but I can't find something to improve this.

Damien