2 Questions!

Aaron LI aaronly.me at outlook.com
Mon Aug 1 00:25:16 PDT 2016

>> On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 10:08 AM, Mohammad BadieZadegan
>> <mbzadegan at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi everybody,
Hi,

>>> 2. How can I access to my new software that installed with double click on
>>> [TAB] key without restarting?
I think what you want is that the newly installed software (e.g., by
'pkg') whose executables will be searched and auto-completed by the shell.
If so, you need first check which shell (e.g., sh, tcsh, or zsh) is
currently in use.

For tcsh (also zsh), you can execute 'rehash' after installing new
packages, then the newly installed executables will be cached by shell,
and may appear if your double press the [TAB] key.

Cheers
--
Aly