iso file size after decompression, overburning

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Fri Aug 19 18:58:43 PDT 2016

On Fri, Aug 19, 2016 at 4:45 PM, Steve Petrie, P.Eng.
<apetrie at aspetrie.net> wrote:

> I agree with Stephen Walker and Gennady Proskurin,
>
> Please don't drop generation of DragonFlyBSD ISO images.

I don't think anyone's planning to drop ISO images; they aren't hard
to do.  It's that we can't promise it will fit on CD media.  The size
of the ISO file keeps creeping up, even though we're doing things now
like stripping the modules.

The ISO file should still work - we'll just want to point people at
DVDs for burning rather than CDs.  Even though I tend to say "CD" out
of habit, I had a hard time finding CDs and not DVDs when I last tried
to buy optical media off the shelf.