Network time protocol server

nans_nans1 at yahoo.de nans_nans1 at yahoo.de
Wed Sep 9 07:49:25 PDT 2015

Hi John,

thank you for your answer.

Which was the latest version of openntpd that was build successfully on Dlfy?

 Betreff: Re: Network time protocol server
 An: nans_nans1 at yahoo.de, users at dragonflybsd.org
 CC: legradi.gabor at gmail.com, zachary.crownover at gmail.com, thomas.nikolajsen at mail.dk
 Datum: Mittwoch, 9. September, 2015 16:42 Uhr

 On 9/9/2015 4:19 PM, nans_nans1 at yahoo.de
 wrote:
 > @Légrádi Gábor:
 > ntpdate_enable="YES" didn't
 work. So the informations on your link "https://www.dragonflybsd.org/~labthug/handbook/network-ntp.html"
 are outdated.

 @Zachary Crownover @John Marino:
 > dntpd
 is a Network time protocol CLIENT. Please read "man
 dntpd".
 > I search a ntpd-server for
 my local network!

 @Thomas Nikolajsen
 > I already search in
 dports. But i found no ntp-server. The most popular
 BSD-ntp-server "Openntpd" is not in dports!
 > I tried to compile Openntpd manually. But
 it fails with the error message: sensors.c:24:25: fatal
 error: sys/hotplug.h: No such file or directory

 openntpd continued to evolve
 until it no longer builds on DragonFly,
 even
 with patches.  Somebody that cares can figure out the best
 way to
 support it and send me patches (or
 better yet, send OpenBSD patches).  I
 removed the dport after not being able to build
 the latest version.

 > So can you recommend me another ntp-server
 which is in dports?
 > Can it be true that
 there isn't a ntpd server for Dfly? .

 Sure it can be true.
 Obviously it's not in base, so dports is the best
 hope.  If there are no ports available then
 it's true. Ports can be
 fixed (even if
 it means adding functionality to DragonFly).

 John