Packages

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Tue Sep 15 11:47:11 PDT 2015

On 9/15/2015 8:35 PM, nans_nans1 at yahoo.de wrote:
> So give me please the commands how to fetch the dports tree that was in place for example a year ago.

You are asking me how to use git.

The names of the tags are listed here:
http://gitweb.dragonflybsd.org/dports.git

"Release-4.0" tag is certainly fine.
"Release-4.2" tag will have some failures on 3.8, but not that many.

You need "dports-create" option use tags.
"Shallow" has no history, it's the top of the dports repository, so you
can't use that for tags.

Other than that, just google for git tutorials.  There are lots of them.

John