"Latest" Release 4.0 packages degrading

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Tue Sep 22 13:06:51 PDT 2015

Almost 800 packages from the latest DPorts are not available on Release
4.0 (which has already reached End-Of-Life).  The main reasons for this:

1) Release 4.0 uses gcc 4.7
2) Release 4.0 doesn't have versioned libraries so bootstraps are not
working
3) Header differences from later releases

Big items missing:

1) Almost 500 Haskell ports (GHC won't build)
2) Libreoffice 5 [1] and all language packs (~110)
3) Gnome 3 (~50)
4) 62 ports dependent on audio/jack
5) SBCL (~17 ports)
6) LLVM/Clang 3.7 or later

I assume this mainly affects desktop users.  These users may wish to
migrate to Release 4.2 if they haven't already.  However, 21,841 ports
are still available and just built (wait a bit for mirrors).  I don't
update Release 4.0 packages that often and each time I do, there's more
fallout.  FYI.

John

[1] Libreoffice 4.3 is still available; it was moved to
editors/libreoffice4.  However, all the language packages are for
Libreoffice5 only.