getting cpu info w/o parsing /var/run/dmesg.boot

Hleb Valoshka 375gnu at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 07:48:38 PDT 2015

On 10/9/15, John Marino <dragonflybsd at marino.st> wrote:

> This means you should provide support to that port.  "porting ohai"
> implies you are starting again rather than improving what's already
> there.  Maybe it's a communication issue, but I never got the idea that
> you knew about this port and were trying to provide patches to it.

I'm from GNU/Linux world where "port" does not have additional meaning
it has in *BSD world :)

> Plus I would assume however the information is gotten for FreeBSD,
> there's a similar way on DragonFly so it's a matter of looking at the
> ohai code and/or freebsd patches to it.

My patch in 99% is copy-paste of existing code for Free or NetBSD (or,
maybe, even OpenBSD). And code for cpu is taken from code for FreeBSD
which parses /var/run/dmesg.boot as well, I hoped that DFly has better
interface for such info like /proc/cpuinfo in Linux.