AsRock Vision3D 137D, NVidia GeForce 425 (X server conf)

George g.lister at nodeunit.com
Mon Mar 9 10:11:50 PDT 2015

On 15-03-09 05:59 PM, John Marino wrote:
> On 3/9/2015 17:47, George wrote:
>> BTW on a slightly different angle I just went to NVidia's web site and
>> downloaded the FreeBSD x86_64 driver files and they contain sources and
>> instructions for FreeBSD. How would one go about porting something like
>> this for DragonFly BSD??? Or maybe I should ask Francois Tigeot I saw a
>> presentation he did in Sofia last year and I think he has been working
>> on stuff like that?
>>
> They aren't "sources", they are FreeBSD binaries.  They won't work on
> DragonFly.
>
> Sorry,
> John

So these are just wrappers, my bad:

gox at x140e:~/Downloads/FreeBSD/NVIDIA-FreeBSD-x86_64-346.47$ find . -name
"*.c"
./src/nvidia_acpi.c
./src/nvidia_subr.c
./src/nvidia_pci.c
./src/nvidia_linux.c
./src/nvidia_ctl.c
./src/nvidia_os.c
./src/nvidia_sysctl.c
./src/nvidia_dev.c
./src/nvidia_os_registry.c
./src/nvidia_i2c.c
./src/nvidia_os_pci.c

OK I see it is a no go I shall stick to VESA and play around with the
config a bit more.
Cheers,
George