Future big ticket items in Dragonfly?

Carsten Mattner carstenmattner at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 04:40:19 PDT 2015

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 8:38 PM, Zachary Crownover
<zachary.crownover at gmail.com> wrote:
> What security measures specifically?

libc for starters but that most likely requires kernel changes as well.

Does Dragonfly already build with -fstack-protector=strong by default
like most Linux distros?

> What power management that isn't currently there?

General improvements for all the new cpu and gpu power management facilities
and maybe also bus and chipset as well. Nothing revolutionary, just improvements
for things like new deep states.

> I don't know that we need RUMP when we have vkernel, which
> to my understanding is the same concept.

I may be misinformed but RUMP isn't the same thing. From what I understand
it's an abstraction layer you can port stuff against and reuse all the other
netbsd parts. But I may be totally misinformed.