DragonflyBSD, FAT32 and the interoperability

M M micman857 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 6 11:32:26 PDT 2015

Hello.

In spite of the big and fast development of DFBSD, this last one is
still very limited for what concerns the interoperability and/or the
exchange of data among different operating systems an their own file
systems. For this reason, I had created an ext2 partition to share my
stocked data among DFBSD, Linux and Windows. But now I realize that
under DFBSD also the ext2 file system is not (easy) accessible, though
and because of there is a work en progress (see here:
https://linuxfr.org/news/dragonfly-bsd-4-2#tmpfs-et-ext2). In
consequence, I consider to change my ext2 partition in a fat32 partition
reformatting it, and after I'll copy all my data in this place from the
data storage that I use for backup, an external hard disk. But//in order
to avoid surprises, I would be sur that the fat32 file system is totally
accessible (read-write) under DFBSD.

Thank you in advance.

Micman