Issues with node.js

Michael Neumann mneumann at ntecs.de
Thu Jul 30 07:57:22 PDT 2015

Am 30.07.2015 um 09:27 schrieb Robin Hahling:
> On 29-07-2015 01:38, Marco Righele wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> is anybody using node.js with DragonFlyBSD ?
>> I have a strange issue when I spawn it from another instance of node.js.
> (...)
>
> Hi,
>
> Node deserves some love in order to work properly on DragonFly. To be
> more specific, libuv, which is required by node, needs DragonFly
> specific fixes.
> I started working on it several months ago but ceased due to other
> priorities and not desperately needing it. There is a whole test
> suite included with libuv. If you run it on DragonFly, you will notice
> that many tests fail. This is probably a good place to start hacking. ;)
>
> Cheers,
> Robin Hahling

I've pushed some fixes upstream for libuv.

https://github.com/mneumann/libuv/commit/48447019aeeea66f1f6b1ad966ad99c18bff889c
https://github.com/mneumann/libuv/commit/ec2f4ccef8b553588149045cecf0e27118a72812
https://github.com/mneumann/libuv/commit/3fd16a09d31b785efa9f3bdfdcdf218d263471ae
https://github.com/mneumann/libuv/commit/49e19702d861c780c27e6c5fe219c7b04fee3a97

Except the last, they are already in libuv/libuv branch v1.x. But still,
there are many tests that fail.

Npm works on my machine, but I would not use node.js in production :).
I am only using some Javscript tool chain (postcss, babel etc.), which
works very well, but
as soon as you try to fork some processes, node.js fails.

Regards,

   Michael