Questions about current stable version of dragonflybsd regarding drivers and desktop environment

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Thu Jul 2 23:26:46 PDT 2015

On 7/3/2015 8:17 AM, Bret Busby wrote:
> Hello.
> Please also advise whether GNOME 2 is available for the current stable version
> of dragonflybsd.

I can answer this question.
There is no GNOME 2 in ports.  FreeBSD doesn't have it either.

There is mate and cinnamon which is a continuation of GNOME 2.  They
build but I'm not sure how well they work.  I would suspect they have
issues.  However, nobody seems to uses these so the issues aren't
getting reported or fixed.

DragonFly for the most part has the same window managers / desktops that
FreeBSD does.

John