master running on gigabyte LGA 1150 boards - with example

Matthew Dillon dillon at backplane.com
Sat Jan 24 09:01:22 PST 2015

Ah, yes, that was my review.  I need to amend it now that I've had the
system76 for a while.  The hardware is still quite nice, but there are two
problems with it.  One is that the case is pretty flimsy (it's easy to bend
the screen).  The second is that the keyboard sucks.  The keys are spaced
wrong and pressure at a slight angle has too much resistance so I'm
constantly missing keys and stressing my fingers out.  I'll see if I can
amend that review.

The Acer C720 and C720P on the other hand, even though they have a smaller
screen and slower cpu, have a better keyboard.  Still a laptop keyboard so
not even remotely as good as the mechanical keyboard I use with my
workstation, but at least it is spaced properly.

-Matt