OT: can someone help me with an open-source CAD program?

Pierre Abbat phma at leaf.dragonflybsd.org
Mon Feb 16 18:43:19 PST 2015

On Monday, February 16, 2015 12:02:01 Mehmet Erol Sanliturk wrote:
> It seems to me that your question is very broad .
>
> With respect to the following pages , if you specify more detailed needs ,
> help may be formulated more easily :
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:CAD_file_formats
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_CAD,_CAM_and_CAE_file_viewers
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Computer-aided_design_software

The code is at https://github.com/phma/bezitopo .

I'm pretty sure that no existing format will work as the native format for
Bezitopo. The Bézier TIN surface and the alignment (sequence of combination of
vertical and horizontal curves — what that is would take a while to explain)
don't exist as CAD objects anywhere else AFAIK. The program will need to
export and import DWG and/or DXF, but exporting and importing will not
preserve the TIN structure or the spiral curves.

If you're interested, let me know, and I'll set up a mailing list or we can
talk off-list.

Pierre
--
When a barnacle settles down, its brain disintegrates.
Já não percebe nada, já não percebe nada.