dports and pkgng bind910 INIT Script missing

Adolf Augustin adolf.augustin at zettamail.de
Tue Feb 10 07:31:05 PST 2015

Hi Coert,

yes that is correct , you have to write your own script.

A Guide for FreeBSD can bei found here:
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/rc-scripting/rcng-daemon.html
It worked fine for me. I did it for bind 9.9 though.

My rc-script  (/usr/local/etc/rc.d/bind99)  looks like this:

==============
#!/bin/sh
. /etc/rc.subr
name=bind99
rcvar=bind99_enable
command="/usr/local/sbin/named"
load_rc_config $name
run_rc_command "$1"

Done that you can activate bind by setting the following in /etc/rc.conf

bind99_enable="YES"
bind99_flags="-c /usr/local/etc/named.conf"

Don't forget to create your named.conf

Cheers

Adolf