xfce text consoles

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Thu Apr 9 12:03:08 PDT 2015

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 08, 2015 at 09:42:19AM +0000, Bernardino Gonzalez wrote:
> Hello,   I've installed xfce4 but once it is running I am unable to switch to any other text console.  I had the same issue with freebsd and loading the vt driver resolved that.  Does dragonflybsd have a similar driver or how can I fix this?

At this point in time, the virtual tty consoles still expect to talk to
a vga-compatible video adapter running in 80x25 text mode, which modern
gpus no longer are with the drm/kms system.

You can still run commands blindly, only the display part is broken.

Some people have started to make the virtual tty code drm-aware. This is
the latest patch I know of:
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~swildner/0002-WIP-KMS-syscons-4.patch

--
Francois Tigeot