Disruption of master from dports/packages coming in a few days

John Marino dragonflybsd at marino.st
Sat Apr 18 23:47:25 PDT 2015

On 4/15/2015 11:09, John Marino wrote:
> On 4/15/2015 11:01, Robin Hahling wrote:
>> On Wednesday 15 April 2015 10.30:09 John Marino wrote:
> I iterate that updating the dports tree is not required -- just say on
> the current tree until the release if rebuilding everything is not
> desired (and simultaneous binary packages are not wanted).

I am merging the latest dports changes from the "staged" branch into the
"master" branch now.  For people on Release 3.8 and 4.0, there's no
issue -- just use dports src as you always have.

For people on DragonFly 4.1, this change will cause ports to be built by
the gcc5 compiler.  If you are not ready to rebuild all the ports, then
I suggest you do not update the dports source tree until you are.  You
may want to wait a few days and replace your current packages with
gcc5-built packages when they are available, and then update the source
tree.

John