HAMMER goes to nirvana

Justin Sherrill justin at shiningsilence.com
Sun Sep 21 07:46:13 PDT 2014

On Sun, Sep 21, 2014 at 8:20 AM, Andrey Oktyabrskiy <ano at bestmx.net> wrote:
> My home server cannot mount one of the hammer filesystems. I see 4 kernel
> messages and OS does not respond any more:

The 'man 5 hammer' page mentions it's possible to turn off redo by
setting vfs.hammer.skip_redo to 1 (mount despite errors) or 2 (don't
even try redo).

If that doesn't get anywhere, you can boot to single user mode (one of
the boot menu options) or boot from a LiveCD/USB image, and try
mounting the volume then.  If you can get it online, 'hammer show -f
/dev/thatdrivedevice | grep B' will  I think filter for errors.  See
man 8 hammer.  I have not tried this directly, so your mileage may
vary.

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/cgi/web-man?command=hammer&section=8

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/cgi/web-man?command=hammer&section=5