Installation of DragonFly 4.0.0 RC

Sascha Wildner saw at online.de
Fri Oct 31 01:02:14 PDT 2014

On Thu, 30 Oct 2014 04:09:05 +0100, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk
<m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dears All ,
>

> During installation of DragonFly 4.0.0 RC , the following points may
> require improvement :
>

> 1. USB network cards are NOT recognized during install boot and
> configuration ( and after
>    reboot in 3.8.2  by ifconfig )

There could be 2 reasons I can think of:

* If it is a USB3 port, the port might not work at all until xhci(4) is
loaded. We don't load xhci by default (but I really think we should start
doing so).

* The adapter is not supported. Right now, we have only 2 drivers (3, if
you count urndis(4)): axe(4) and udav(4).

What adapter is it that you have?

Sascha