questions regarding CARP

Sepherosa Ziehau sepherosa at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 00:51:45 PDT 2014

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 1:46 AM, Christoph Harder <shadowomf at arcor.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I do have a (newbie) question regarding CARP. I did read the manual or at
> least most of it, but I'm still not sure.
> When I colocate servers in a data center and all servers are connected to
> the same switch, would CARP (for fail over and load balancing) work or is
> additional support from the data center needed?

Dfly's carp lacks arp based load balance (at least I think so) and it
does not support inet6 (use it w/ inet6 at your own risk, at least I
don't think inet6 carp works on dfly).  We lack unicast-peer
configuration support; we still use the multicast based protocol.  The
good side is inet4 fail-over works as expected and it supports TSO and
TXCSUM if the backend interface supports TSO and TXCSUM.

Best Regards,
sephe

--
Tomorrow Will Never Die