Installation of DragonFly 4.0.0 RC

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 08:39:48 PST 2014

On Thu, Nov 6, 2014 at 8:11 AM, Sascha Wildner <saw at online.de> wrote:

> On Thu, 06 Nov 2014 06:00:53 +0100, Mehmet Erol Sanliturk
> <m.e.sanliturk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  I have applied the above steps to previously installed .img system :
>>
>> When USB NIC is attached , it listed as
>>
>> ugen6.2: < Moschip Semiconductor > at usbus6
>>
>> # kldstat
>>
>> listed the following :
>>
>>   kernel
>>   acpi.ko
>>   ehci.ko
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> Work on new .iso system :
>>
>> When USB NIC is attached the following list is generated ( boot was
>> selected as verbose ) :
>>
>> ugen6.2:< Moschip Semiconductor > at usbus6
>> mos0: < Moschip Semiconductor USB-MAC Controller, rev 2.00/1.00 , addr 2>
>> on usbus6
>>
>> [...]
>>

> I think the reason that it didn't work at the first try was the
> installation method by burning the IMG instead of using it to boot from a
> USB drive. I am surprised anything worked at all using this way. :)
>
> But it didn't seem to find the necessary kernel modules (among them
> if_mos.ko and uether.ko) with that way.
>
> I'm glad the adapter is now recognized properly. I will proceed with
> bringing in the rest of FreeBSD's USB NIC drivers.
>
> Thanks for helping with testing,
>
> Sascha

I do not know whether it is feasible for DragonFly BSD or not , but there
is  "AnyBoot" images published , for example ( where Haiku is a MIT
licensed distribution ) :

https://www.haiku-os.org/get-haiku

If such a format is usable , work performed for distribution image
preparation may be reduced to half .
I do not know why Haiku OS is still supplying .iso and .VM images .

Thank you very much .

Mehmet Erol Sanliturk