dbus library incorrectly set up. issue dbus-uuidgen fixed problem

Edward M edwardmartinez at openmailbox.org
Sun May 18 00:10:02 PDT 2014

Hello,

I installed epiphany from dports and when tried to execute epiphany from
xterm in twm
i received the following message and epiphany would not start:

   process 10809: D-bus library appears to be incorrectly set up: failed
to read machine
   uuid: Failed to open "/etc/machine-id: No such file or directory
  See the manual page for dbus-uuidgen to correct the issue:
     D-Bus not compiled with backtrace support so unable to print a
backtrace

  I executed "dbus-uuidgen >> /etc/machine-id" and I was able to start
epiphany.
   my question is,  I don't know if I fix the problem correctly or made
my system open for problems later
  on and if is a bug, where would be correct place to report it: dports
or dragonfly bug report?

  Best regards
  ed