3.8 release plans

karu.pruun karu.pruun at gmail.com
Thu May 29 00:24:34 PDT 2014

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 4:51 PM, Zenny wrote:
> Confirmation that iso works fine in VirtualBox 4.3.8 OSE with ACPI
> disabled. But the img file didn't.
>
> On 5/28/14, Justin Sherrill <justin at shiningsilence.com> wrote:
>> "Hey this boots strangely oh wait it is just this particular version of
>> VirtualBox that has the problem" has been a reported problem at what feels
>> like every release for years.  I'm starting to think that if anyone reports
>> issues in VirtualBox, the first step should always be "try a different
>> version of VirtualBox, or a different virtual system".

Point taken, suppose it's a good idea to test on different machines.

However, now it looks again like a DFly problem. I tested on
Virtualbox 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 and finally reproduced it on a physical
machine too. It only concerns installations where all partitions are
UFS. It does not show for a hammer system (ie root HAMMER and /boot
UFS).

I used the partition layout:

---
/  UFS
swap
/usr  UFS
---

when booting the system from hdd, the acpi/ehci error shows for DFly
3.6.x and 3.8.0RC where both are x86_64. So it appeared already in
3.6.x.

Peeter